Having inspected the track this morning we would be OK to go if the weather would give us a few hours of sunshine and a dry day tomorrow. But forecast is 95% chance of showers with 20-50mm of precipitation predicted. So that doesn’t sound like a fun day out and so we will have to postpone the St Ives round of the NBHC / RC Hobbyland Sat Night Series.
Will have to re-consider options for rounds 2,3 & 4.
Realised that mid April will be Easter long weekend so probably not a great option.
Will discuss with Ryde committee plans
Hoping to try to hold the 2nd round of the NBHC/ RC Hobbyland Sat Night Series, at St Ives this coming Saturday (18th March).
Entries online at www.stivesrc .com
Racing to start around 3pm. Payments for entries will be taken from 2.15pm.
People who paid at the washed out round on 18th Feb will be able to claim credit.
Predicted weather this week is poor but hopefully will clear late in the week. We will watch this situation.
Present plans for other rounds for the NHBC/ RC Hobbyland Sat Night Series will be
Saturday 18th March – St Ives (round 2)
Saturday 25th March – Ryde (round 3)
Saturday or Sunday 15/16th April – St Ives (final round)
But this may change due to weather.
You can probably guess the decision that we have had to make.
No racing at St Ives this weekend.
Things are too wet and even Noah has stopped work on his ark (located inside St Ives Showground, down the back) due to the OH&S risks this weather is presenting.
We will discuss with the Sydney RC (Ryde) committee options for running round 2 of the NBHC/ RC Hobbyland Sat Night Series.
We are committed to try to get the 4 rounds done in the coming weeks but need to work around other events and clubs plans.
18th March is likely date to pencil in. Just need to confirm it will be at St Ives.
Entries for this Saturday’s (4th March) St Ives round of the NBHC / RC Hobbyland Sat Night Series (re-run of washed out 18th Feb event) are open.
We have cleared all entries from the 18th Feb to ensure we know who will be attending.
Go to the St Ives RC club website.
People who entered and paid on the 18th will receive a credit. (For this coming Saturday or for the final round at St Ives – presently planned for the 25th March).
We are aware of the dismal weather forecast expected for this coming Saturday (and days preceding) but need to plan (optimistically) as though the weather may improve.
A final decision will be made towards end of the week.